INVITATION TO BID
The Panama City-Bay County Airport and Industrial District, dba Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, will accept sealed bids for “Building Light LED Conversion”, at the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport until 2:00 p.m. CST, on, December 15, 2020.
Bids may be submitted in person in the Airport Administrative Office at 6300 West Bay Parkway, Box A, Panama City Beach, Florida, or via U. S. mail or courier service. Bids must be plainly marked,
“Building Light LED Conversion – December 15, 2020”
Only bids submitted on the bid sheet provided with this invitation will be considered responsive. All bids must be received by 2:00 p.m., CST on, December 15, 2020. When submitting written bids, please submit one (1) original and one (1) copy of all documents to the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, 6300 West Bay Parkway, Box A, Panama City Beach, Florida 32409. Please review all documents pertaining to this bid before submitting requested information.
Bids for the “Building Light LED Conversion” will be opened at 2:00 p.m. CST on December 15, 2020 in the Administrative Offices of the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, located at 6300 West Bay Parkway, Panama City, FL 32409.
The Airport reserves the right to reject any one or all bids, or any part of any bid, to waive any informality in any bid, and to award a contract deemed to be in the best interest of the Airport.
Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport Darlene D. Nelson, CPA
Director of Finance and Administration
- The purpose of this bid is to establish a firm, fixed price for the acquisition and delivery of two (2) types of LED wall-pack light fixtures, totaling 141 fixtures, from high pressure sodium and metal halide to LED, at the Airport in accordance with purchasing policies of the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
- Bids must be received in the Airport Administrative Office at 6300 West Bay Parkway, Box A, Panama City Beach, Florida, by 2:00 p.m., CST on December 15, 2020 in order to be considered responsive. Bids must be plainly marked, “Building Light LED Conversion – December 15, 2020”.
- The Airport reserves the right to reject any one or all bids, or any part of any bid, to waive any informality in any bid and to award a contract deemed to be in the best interest of the Airport.
- In the event a brand name is specified, that brand or an approved equivalent will be considered, unless otherwise noted. Brand names, makes, and model numbers contained herein are for reference only in regards to level of quality and durability the Airport will accept as a minimum.
- All questions regarding this bid shall be in writing and directed to [email protected]pcairport.com . Questions will be accepted until 2:00 p.m. CST on December 9, 2020. All questions and responses will be made available on the Airport’s website at: www.iflybeaches.com no later than 5 p.m. CST on December 11, 2020.
- All of the work areas included in this “Invitation to Bid” are accessible to the public. Requests to schedule a special site visit, should it be necessary, to evaluate the scope of work should be directed in writing to [email protected].com. Sight visits can be accommodated Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. through December 14, 2020.
All bids must be valid for a minimum of 60 days after the bid is opened.
- The successful bidder shall warranty Fixtures provided for a period of one year from the date of delivery to the Airport.
- The successful bidder shall supply the Airport with warranty information on the materials used for this project.
No alterations or deviations involving extra costs will commence without a duly executed Change Order.
The successful bidder shall be licensed in the State of Florida to perform the type of work requested under this Invitation to Bid.
- All fixtures and materials used shall be manufacturer approved for the type of application requested under this Invitation to Bid.
- The successful bidder shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this Agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or any other force majeure event.
Scope of Work
The “Street Light LED Conversion” shall be performed in accordance with the attached “Street Light LED Conversion” specification and shall include all parts and materials to complete the turnkey installation/conversion.
Scope of work task items shall include:
- Item #1. Provide 30W LED Open Face Wall Pack, 120 – 277VAC, 5,000K, minimum 4200 lumens (Brown or Black), to replace existing 100W fixtures, in the quantities provided for within this “Invitation to Bid”. (Location — T‑Hangar Facility, Quantity – 60 ea.)
- Item #2. Provide 30W LED Open Face Wall Pack, 120 – 277VAC, 5,000K, minimum 4200 lumens (Brown or Black), to replace existing 100W fixtures, in the quantities provided for within this “Invitation to Bid”. (Location — Lighting Vault, Quantity – 10 ea.)
- Item #3. Provide 80W LED Wall Pack, 120 – 277VAC, 5,000K, minimum 9600 lumens (Brown or Black), to replace existing 300W fixtures, in the quantities provided for within this “Invitation to Bid”. (Location – Terminal Building, Quantity – 61 ea.)
- Item #4. Provide 80W LED Wall Pack, 120 – 277VAC, 5,000K, minimum 9600 lumens (Brown or Black), to replace existing 300W fixtures, in the quantities provided for within this “Invitation to Bid”. (Location – Chiller/HVAC Building, Quantity – 10 ea.)
Ill. Insurance Requirement
If required by the Airport, the Contactor shall procure and maintain the following described insurance, except for coverage(s) specifically waived by Owner, on policies and with insurers acceptable to Owner. These insurance requirements shall not limit the liability of Contractor.
The insurance coverage(s) and limits required of Contractor under this Invitation to Bid are designed to meet the minimum requirements of Owner and the Owner does not represent these types or amounts of insurance to be sufficient or adequate to protect the Contractor’s interests or liabilities. Contractor alone shall be responsible to the sufficiency of its own insurance program.
The Contractor and the Contractor’s subcontractors and sub-subcontractors shall be solely responsible for all of their property, including but not limited to any materials, temporary facilities, equipment and vehicles, and for obtaining adequate and appropriate insurance covering any damage or loss to such property. The Contractor and · the Contractor’s subcontractors and sub-subcontractors shall expressly waive any claim against the Owner arising out of or relating to any damage or loss of such property, even if such damage or loss is due to the fault or neglect of the Owner or anyone for whom the Owner is responsible. The Contractor is obligated to include, or cause to be included, provisions similar to this paragraph in all of the Contractor’s subcontracts and its subcontractor’s contracts with their sub-subcontractors.
The Contractor’s deductibles/self-insurance retention’s must be disclosed to Owner and are subject to Owner’s approval. The Contractor is responsible of the amount of any deductible or self-insured retention. Any deductible or retention applicable to any claim or loss shall be the responsibility of Contractor and shall not be greater than $25,000, unless otherwise agreed to, in writing, by Owner.
Insurance required of the Contractor or any other insurance of the Contractor shall be considered primary, and insurance of Owner shall be considered excess, as may be applicable to claims or losses which arise out of or relate to the Work or this Project.
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance Coverage: The Contractor shall purchase and maintain workers’ compensation and employers’ liability insurance for all employees engaged in the Work, in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Limits of coverage shall not be less than:
$500,000 Limit Each Accident
$500,000 Limit Disease Aggregate
$250,000 Limit Disease Each Employee
- Commercial General Liability Coverage: Contractor shall purchase and maintain commercial general liability insurance on a full occurrence form. Coverage shall include, but not be limited to, Premises and Operations, Personal Injury, Contractual for this Contract, Independent Contractors, Broad Form Property Damage, Products and Completed Operation Liability Coverage(s) and shall not exclude coverage for the “X” (Explosion), “C” (Collapse) and “U” (Underground) Property Damage Liability exposures. Limits of coverage shall not be less than:
$ 1,000,000 Combined Single Limit Each Occurrence
$ 2,000,000 Aggregate Limit
Contractor shall add Owner as an additional insured through the use of Insurance Service Office Endorsements No. CG 20.20 .22.85 wording or equivalent, or broader, an executed copy of which shall be attached to or incorporated by reference on the Certificate of Insurance to be provided by Contractor pursuant to the requirements of the Project Documents.
- Business Automobile Liability Coverage: The Contractor shall purchase and maintain Business Automobile Liability Insurance as to ownership, maintenance, use, loading and unloading of all of Contractor’s owned, non-owned, leased, rented or hired vehicles with limits not less than:
$1,000,000 Combined Single Limit Each Accident
- Excess or Umbrella Liability Coverage: Contractor shall purchase and maintain Excess Umbrella Liability Insurance or Excess Liability Insurance on a full occurrence form providing the same continuous coverage(s) as required for the underlying Commercial General, Business Automobile and Employers’ Liability Coverage(s) with no gaps in continuity of coverage(s) or limits with Owner added by endorsement to the policy as an additional insured in the same manner as is required under the primary policies, and shall not be less than:
$4,000,000 Each Occurrence/Accident
BUSINESS NAME ____________________________________________________________________________________
MAILING ADDRESS ______________________________________________________________________________
CONTACT NAME __________________________________________ PHONE ___________________________________
The Bidder hereby agrees to deliver services required to complete the scope of work per this “Invitation to Bid” for the prices shown below:
Unit Price per Item Fixture
Total Item Fixture Price
Item #1 Fixture (60 Each)
Item #2 Fixture (10 Each)
Item #3 Fixture (61 Each)
Item #4 Fixture (10 Each)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Detailed price sheet (if applicable)
- Exceptions sheet (if exceptions taken)
- Product/LED Fixture Brochure/Literature
- ROI Statement
- Copy of Warranty
Bidder certifies as follows:
- Bidder is an established business with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in providing services related to the performance of services outlined in this “Invitation to Bid”.
- Bidder is licensed in the State of Florida to perform services outlined in this “Invitation to Bid”.
- Bidder has adequate personnel and equipment to perform services as outlined in this “Invitation to Bid” within stated timelines.
I agree to provide the above items at the prices indicated, meeting all specifications unless exceptions are noted.