PANAMA CITY-BAY COUNTY AIRPORT AND INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT
NORTHWEST FLORIDA BEACHES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
CLASSIFICATION: Operations Center Supervisor
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Executive Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2020
PAY LEVEL: 160 ($41,506.28 — $64,334.75)
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
DEFINITION: Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Airport Operations Center during assigned shift. Supervisors must perform all duties and responsibilities required of an Operations Center Specialist.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Supervises the Operation Center Specialists on shift.
- Perform all duties of the Operations Center Specialists.
- Enforce the policies and procedures of the District and ensure an efficient, professional and uniform level of service is provided in the Airport Operations Center. Ensure policies are followed efficiently and expeditiously.
- Conduct monthly and annual performance evaluations.
- Conduct basic and refresher training for Operations Center Specialists.
- Maintain database of telephone numbers, locations, and contact information on all District owned or managed property.
- Maintain numerous emergency notification lists, procedures and instructions.
- Develop and maintain staffing plan to ensure proper levels of staffing based on operational needs.
- Ensure adherence to Florida Department of Law Enforcement mandates regarding destruction and
- distribution of confidential materials.
- Inspect and maintain checklists of equipment.
- Backup and restore several different computer systems.
- Maintain filing system for police, fire, operations and maintenance related activities.
- Following consultation with department heads, may counsel employees regarding performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The listed duties are only illustrative and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed by this job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school graduate and three years experience with computers, fire/security alarm systems and emergency dispatching in fire, rescue, medical or police, operations, plus two years supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Operating knowledge of computerized information systems is essential. Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License. Must have current NCIC/FCIC certification. Florida State Certification for Public Safety Dispatchers desirable. Additional qualifications include the following:
- Proven leadership skills and interpersonal skills to handle disciplinary matters, policy changes, training, scheduling and performance evaluations.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Operating knowledge of computerized emergency dispatch information is essential.
- Must be capable of making decisions in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Set standards, rules, guidelines or necessary disciplinary action for Operation Specialists during his/her shift.
- Work independently under moderate supervision, exercising considerable judgment and discretion.
MISCELLANEOUS REQUIREMENTS: Must pass pre-employment drug testing as well as periodic testing in accordance with airport policy; must pass a 10-year, fingerprint-based, criminal history records check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.